Thursday 19 April 2012

Bosnia and Herzegovina



I received this lovely postcard as a part of my "get rid of the blank cards" project. You probably don't understand what this project works like, so I'll explain it for you... I have a huge pile of blank postcards which are neither written nor stamped. I have lately realized that blank cards don't have the charm in fact - they're just a piece of paper, but a personal message and mark make them unique. So I came up to idea to send  all of my blank cards inside the envelopes to the people from diferrent countries, depending where the card I wanna "resend" is from. After receiving my card, the person writes a message on it, stamp it, and sends it back to me. I send the person a postcard or something else he/she wishes for, of course.
Snježana helped me with "resending" two of the cards from the pile. I'm posting the one showing Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina.


Mostar is the fifth-largest city in Bosnia and Herzegovina as well as the largest and the most important city of Herzegovina region. Mostar was named after the bridge keepers (called "mostari" in Bosnian) who in the medieval times guarded the Stari Most (Old Bridge) over Neretva river. The Old Bridge, built by the Ottomans in the 16th century, is one of the city's most recognizable landmarks. After being destroyed during the war in Yugoslavia, the bridge was completely reconstructed by spring  2004. In July 2005, UNESCO inscribed the Old Bridge and its closest vicinity onto the World Heritage List.
Snježana also used the matching stamps. I especially like the right one. Thanks, Snježana :)
    

No comments:

Post a Comment