Thursday 5 April 2012

Oman



Sultanate of Oman, or simply Oman, is an Arab country in southwestern Asia. Oman is located on the southeast coast of the Arabian Peninsula. According to international indices, Oman is one of the most developed and stable countries in the Arab World.
The capital and the largest city of Oman is Muscat, shown on the postcard above. The metropolitan area of Muscat has the population of around 700 000. Muscat's economy is dominated by trade, petroleum and porting.


I hate when the cards arrive damaged or bent. This is one of those. I was quiet disappointed when I saw that the postcard is damaged, because it's my only one from Oman. I found unusual that the air mail label was placed on the front side of the card as well. Anyway, thanks to Mohammed for sending me a card from Oman.

No comments:

Post a Comment