Tuesday 3 April 2012

The United Arab Emirates


Yesterday I received a fantastic postcard shown above. It is really beautiful one and, the fact that made me even more happy, it is my first postcard from the United Arab Emirates.
The United Arab Emirates (also called the UAE or the Emirates) is a country situated in the southeast of the Arabian Peninsula in the Western Asia, by the Persian Gulf. The UAE is a federation of seven emirates, each governed by an emir, with a single national president. The constituent emirates are: Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah and Umm al-Quwain. The capital is Abu Dhabi, which is also the state's center of political, industrian and cultural activities. 
Burj Al Arab is a luxury hotel located in Dubai, one of the constituent emirates. With the height of 321 meters, it's the fourth tallest hotel in the world. Burj Al Arab stands on an artificial island 280 meters out from Jumeirah beach, and is connected to the mainland by a private curving bridge. The shape of the structure is designed to mimic the sail of a ship. I wish to visit Dubai once in the future, it seems like an amazing mix of modern tehnology and arhitecture with old culture and traditions.



Uhhh, I didn't plan to write so much but I hope you'll forgive me :) Anyway, one more nice card in my collection thanks to Hamda. Thank you, Hamda a lot for this beautiful card and nice stamp!

1 comment: