Sunday 14 October 2012

Hong Kong



My mailbox  hasn't been happy this week at all.. I've received only two postcards, but been waiting for many. On the other hand, I received postcards from two new countries for my collection ;) 
Even it's not one of these two new countries that have reached me, I'm posting a card showing the Victoria Harbour in Hong Kong that reached me ten days ago. Some of the first recreational activities to take place in the harbour were water competitions such asswimming and water polo  in 1850s within the members of Hong Kong's first sports club, the Victoria Recreation Club. Nowdays, Victoria Harbour is home to most of the port facilities of Homg Kong, making Hong Kong amongst theworld's busiest. An average of 220,000 ships visit the harbour each year, including both ocean going vessels and river vessels, for both goods and passengers.




No comments:

Post a Comment