Tuesday 27 November 2012

United Kingdom



Where would you say this postcard came from (if you haven't seen "Brighton" written in the top corner) ? My guess surely wouldn't be United Kingdom.... However, my dear postcard-pal Mina, while staying at her sister's place, decided to send me this beautiful postcard. 
I was curious to know which building in Brighton is this exactly, and I found out that this is the Royal Pavilion. Rolay Pavilion is a former royal residence located in BrightonEngland. It was built in three campaigns, beginning in 1787, as a seaside retreat for George, Prince of Wales, from 1811 Prince Regent. It is often referred to as the Brighton Pavilion as well. It is built in the Indo-Saracenic style prevalent in India for most of the 19th century, with the most extravagant chinoiserie interiors ever executed in the British Isles. Today, the Royal Pavilion has around 400,000 people visiting it annually. 


Aren't the penguin and the snowman just adorable? I hope Mina enjoyed her trip and that she has safely returned to Turkey by now. Thank you ;)

2 comments:

  1. heheheh i thought i might surprise you while i was there :) and it was my turn to send a card, i got your "KOZMO" card just before i left for UK, i've been telling everyone that we helped to demine a m2 of land in croatia!
    i am back to turkey, safe and sound :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nce suprise indeed! I'm glad you like the purpose of the Kozmo card I sent you, although it's not very beautiful. I've already sent you card bach. Hope it'll reach you soon ;)

    ReplyDelete