Friday 23 November 2012

Welcome to my Hometown!

So, finally it's time to post this month's tasks that I've received! There is only three of them, but I hope you'll enjoy them ;)
By the way, the theme for December is called How do I store my cards... As you may guess, you need to say where do you keep all of your received cards, and maybe send some pictures if you are willing to. 



Sarah, Dachau (Germany)

Hello! My name is Sarah :D I live in Dachau, Germany.


Facts about Dachau...
Dachau is a town in Upper Bavaria, in the southern part of Germany. It's officially called Dokow in English. It is a major district town of the administrative region of Upper Bavaria, about 20 km of Munich. It is now a popular residential area for people working in Munich with roughly 40,000 inhabitants. The historic centre of town with its 18th century castle is situated on an elevation and visible over a great distance.


Positive sides...
~ it's a small town, so it's not too village-like, but not too city-like either
~ you can get to the next bigger city (Munich) very easily and fast by train
~ you don't have every shop here, but actually everything you need
~ I think the town itself is beautiful - the nature, the houses and so on
~ we have quite a lot of schools, many people from surrounding cities come here for school

Negative sides...
~ we have some "bad" parts in the town where I really don't want to go when it's dark if you know what I mean
~ a lot of tourists 

Ewa, Poland


I'm Ewa from Poland. I live in the south-east of Poland, which is a quite rural region. My village is rather small, but posesses a special climate. People there have their own problems but still they enjoy watching wildlife, plants,  and generally the nature. The Polish are particulary attached to a white stork, which is the symbol of the Polish coutryside. The white storks usually build their nests on electric pillars - I don't know how but they keep doing it without being paralysed by current... There are about 3 nests in my neighbourhood and we all wonder if the stork couple is going to have chicks and so on. They become our neighbours and it's sad when they fly away at the end of August. It reminds us that the summer is going to end...

I'd like to show you 4 photos presenting 4 seasons of the year in my village ( I made them myself about 3 years ago). I focused on small things because small things may create something huge :)







Positive sides...
~ you can be really close to nature, wild animals are everywhere. Once, I met a rabbit at my back yard, and once a hedgehog eat up my dog's food (what a glutton :D )

~ the neighbourhood is really calm, different from a big city
~  you have a lot of space and beautiful landscapes
Negative sides...
~ too far from a big city, which leads to unemployment
~ few places where you can entertain yourself (no bars, discos and so on... but it's a countryside after all´
~ a relatively poor quality of road maintenance
Sarah, Jakarta (Indonesia)
Hi! How are you ? I'm Heidy, 18 year-old girl from Jakarta , the capital city of Indonesia. So, Jakarta is my hometown ! I've lived here since I was born.
Facts about Jakarta...
Located on the northwest coast of Java, Jakarta is the country's economic, cultural and political centre, and with a population of 10,187,595 as of November 201, it is the most populous city in Indonesia and in Southeast Asia, and is the thirteenth most populated city in the world. In 2011, Jakarta ranked 17th among the world's 200 largest cities, a jump from its 2007 ranking of 171. Jakarta has grown more rapidly than Kuala LumpurBeijing and Bangkok.
I'm sending you the picture of children playing in the city square, bicycle for tourist in the city square and the city square itself. The photos was taken by me when I was attending photography workshop last December.




Positive sides...
~ Jakarta is a capital city of Indonesia. So, Jakarta is quite modern and you can find anything in here. It's very big city! A lot of good schools and universities are also located in here. 
~ there's  quite good transportation. Although the quality isn't that good, but we have a lot of choice . And the taxi fare here is quite cheap, so if my driver can't fetch me, I can go by taxi.
~  people are very kind. People in here aren't individualistic, they still care for each other.  
 Negative sides...
~ TRAFFIC JAM everywhere! I really hate it. Jakarta is very crowded, especially in the peak hours. My house and school are quite near, about about 4km. But in the afternoon, it takes me about 2,5 hours to go home! 4km = 2,5hours. Can you imagine how crowded our city is?
~ PICKPOCKETS! You should be very carefull if you wanna stay in our city. There's a lot of crimes here. Why?A lot of people from outside Jakarta come here looking for jobs. Those who didn't get jobs will become pickpockets.
~ Poverty level is always raising! I don't know exactly why is this happening. I think it's because a lot of people compete to get jobs, but the number of people  raises day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment