Saturday 23 February 2013

Turkey


Dear Mina suprises me with each card! This time, she sent me an amazing Ottoman miniature. Ottoman(Turkish) miniature was  art form in the Ottoman Empire, which can be linked to the Persian miniature tradition, as well as strong Chinese artistic influences.he miniatures were not signed. This is partly because of the world view of the tradition that rejected individualism. Another reason is that the works were not created entirely by one person: The head painter designed the composition of the scene and his apprentices drew the contours (which is called tahrir) with black or colored ink and then painted the miniature without creating an illusion of third dimension. The head painter, and much more often the scribe of the text were named and depicted in some of the manuscripts.
The miniature Mina sent me, originally dating back to the 17th century, show masked clown-players while in a show .

And the stamps are beautiful. Although I highly cherish and love every card I get, I have to admit this one is among my favourites ;) Thank you, Mina!

No comments:

Post a Comment