Sunday 29 September 2013

Turkey



Mina always sends me so nice postcards; as soon as I see a Turkish view in my mailbox with many colorful stamps attached, I know it's from her! This particular one shows Datça, a district  in south-west Turkey, by the Aegean Sea. The center is situated midway through the peninsula which carries the same name as the district and the town (Datça Peninsula). The ancient cities of Burgaz and Knidos are located there as well. The population of whole Datça District is about 15,000. Seems like a charming coastal town! 


The stamp on the right is from a set launched in 2010 showing various objects that represent ancient Anatolian civilizations. If you're visiting Ankara, you can also visit the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations. I couldn't find the official page of the museum in English, so you can click here to read more about the museum and what you can see there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment