Tuesday 19 November 2013

Saudi Arabia



This is my 450th post so I thought it'd be proper to show something you don't see every day. And what did appear in my mailbox this very morning? The long-awaited card from Saudi Arabia from Ellen :) Kingdom of Saudi Arabia  is the largest Arab state in Western Asia, covering  2,150,000 km2, whereas the population is relatively low - 16 million citizens and an additional 9 million registered foreign expatriates and 2 million illegal immigrantsIt describes itself as being Islamic and also  is sometimes called "the Land of the Two Holy Mosques" in reference to Al-Masjid al-Haram (in Mecca), and Al-Masjid an-Nabawi (in Medina), the two holiest places in Islam. Saudi Arabia has the 2nd largest oil reserves and world's sixth largest natural gas reservesThe Kingdom of Saudi Arabia was founded by Abdul-Aziz bin Saud in 1932. The regime has been an absolute monarchy since its inception. 



I'm even happier to have this card because Ellen had to re-send, so this is the 2nd (or the 3rd, I'm not sure) card she sent me, as previous one(s) was(were) not delivered.  Many many thanks, Ellen :D

No comments:

Post a Comment