Monday 20 July 2015

Ethiopia


A unique delivery indeed! As all of the postcard collectors know, receiving a postcard from an exotic country such as Ethiopia is pretty rare, so I was very surprised when I got this cute postcard. I should thank Ziqian for this lovely surprise :)
You may not know that some of the oldest evidence for anatomically modern humans has been found in Ethiopia, which is widely considered the region from which Homo sapiens first set out for the Middle East and points beyond.  According to linguists, the first Afro-Asiatic-speaking populations settled in the Horn region during the ensuing Neolithic era. In spite of being the homeland of Homo sapiens and therefore our modern civilization, Ethiopian GDP per capita is one of the lowest in the world, and the economy faces a number of serious structural problems. Agricultural productivity remains low, and frequent droughts still beset the country.


5 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/22/2015

    I am so freakin' jealous! I'm trying very hard to collect a card sent from every country in Africa. I have three, with one more on the way, but Ethiopia! wow, I'm in love
    - Krys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Hello from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Adi,

    I've just started a linky party for postcards in my blog. It's called "Postcards for the weekend". The idea is to build a postcards appreciation group here in Blogger through the linky party. I hope you can participate. :)

    Happy weekend,
    Maria
    http://lostforwords101.blogspot.sg/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful card
    Thanks for sharing

    Pincodezone

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete