Sunday 1 April 2012

NO-51368



I have problems with arranging direct swaps with people from Scandinavian countries, so I am very proud to have this Norwegian postcard in my collection. This official postcard reached my mailbox long time ago, but I haven't collected any new Norwegian cards since then, so it is my only one for now. I hope to add some new cards in my Norwegian collection soon.


Tønsberg is a town located in the southern part of Norway, around 25 kilometers far from Sandefjord.Tønsberg is generally regarded as the oldest town in Norway. If you plan to visit Tønsberg, this is what you should see: "Slottsfjellet" , the tower standing on the hill. It was erected in 1888 as a memorial to Tønsberg Fortress, the old fortress, of which just fragmentary ruins remain today. You can also see ruins of St. Olav's Church, Haugar Art Museum and the site of Oseberghaugen, a Viking era burial mound. Thanks to unsigned sender for this beautiful night view with a nice stamp!

No comments:

Post a Comment