Friday 15 June 2012

The USA



I've been looking for this map card of the USA for soooo long, but finally it's here. My favourite type of map cards are these "cartoon" ones with many small illustrations and many colours. I think this is a great way to learn a bit of geography, don't you think so?
Here come some facts about the USA that you may find interesting... The United States of America is the third largest country by both land area and population ( over 312 million). Did you know that the first US capital was New York City? This fact made me laugh: Montana has 3 times more cattle than people :) Alaska has a longer coastline than all the other 49 states put together. The smallest state has the longest name!


Many many thanks to Sherris for this awesome postcard, a perfect addition to my US postcards collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment