Sunday 1 July 2012

Denmark



Another brand new country in my collection - Denmark! The Kingdom of Denmark is a country is Northern Europe, with two additional overseas constituent countries, the Faroe Islands, that I was writing about in a post few hours ago, and Greenland. Denmark, along with Sweden and Norway, is part of the cultural region known as Scandinavia, measuring 43,094 km2 in territory and about 5,540,000 inhabitants in population.
From the 8th to the 10th century, the Danes were known as Vikings. Together with Norwegians and Swedes, they colonised, raided and traded in  almost all parts of Europe. Today, Denmark is a constitutional monarchy and a member of the European Union.


I haven't received a postcard from any northern European country for a long time, so this card made me really happy. And it is also, as I mentioned at the beginning, my first w&s card from Denmark! Thanks, Christina!

No comments:

Post a Comment