Saturday 22 December 2012

Liechtenstein



I've been trying to get a written and stamped postcard from Liechtenstein ever since I started my "countries collection" and then some days ago I was contacted by Iris, Kevin, Mark, Daniel and Roman, a group of young students from Liechtenstein, and we arranged a swap. They sent me this card, showing the Red House and the Citytrain. 
Liechtenstein, officially the Principality of Liechtenstein  is a doubly landlocked country in Central Europebordered by Switzerland and Austria. Its area is just over 160 square kilometres, and it has an estimated population of 35,000. Iris, Kvein, Mark, Daniel and Roman say it takes only about 30 minutes to cross the whole country from the north to the south by car. Its capital is Vaduz, though the biggest town is Schaan. Liechtenstein has the highest gross domestic product per person in the world when adjusted by purchasing power parity, and has the world's lowest external debt. Liechtenstein also has the second lowest unemployment rate in the world at 1.5% . Great country to live in indeed!


One more Christmas stamp, if I'm not mistaken. Thank you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,im jelaous of you,I haven't received any card from Luxemburg yet :(
    pro-et-contra

    ReplyDelete