Friday 17 May 2013

Cambodia



I've been waiting for a card from Cambodia very long and this morning, although I had almost no hope that my mailman would come as it was  raining heavily, I found this beauty in my mailbox. The postcard comes from far far Siem Reap in Cambodia, showing an UNESCO site called Angkor Wat. I've just read it's the biggest Hindu at first and then Budish temple complex and the largest religious monument in the entire world. It was built by the Khmer King Suryavarman II in the early 12th century.  The temple is at the top of the high classical style of Khmer architecture. It has become a symbol of Cambodia, appearing on its national flag, and it is the country's prime attraction for visitors. The name Angkor Wat literally means "Temple City" or "City of Temples". 


To continue with historical thematics, here's a stamps that shows us an ancient agricultural tool that was used in Cambodia in the past. Thank a bunch, Elma!

No comments:

Post a Comment