Monday 26 March 2012

Taiwan



I would like to post more of my non-European cards on the blog so I'm posting one from Taiwan. It is amazing sunset view on Taipei, Taiwan.
Taiwan, officially part of Republic of China (ROC), is an island state located in Asia.. Originally based in mainland China, the Republic of China currently governs the island of Taiwan, which forms over 99% of its territory, as well as Penghu, Kinmen, and other minor islands.  
Taipei is the capital city, economic and cultural centre of the country, but New Taipei is the largest city in the country by population.


The postcards shows The Taipei 101, the tallest building in Taiwan with a height of 508 meters! It was completed in 2004 and it comprises 101 floors above ground and 5 floors underground.
I am very thankful to Yi-Ju who sent this nice card to me. I am especially thankful for the great Year of the Dragon stamp that you can see above :) Thanks!


2 comments: